Distributed process, modular technology
The heart of DIAMAR marine automation lies in its modular I/O hardware, which has internal and independent processing capabilities. These modules are installed close to the equipment which is to be controlled. Our distributed architecture allows local modules to drop the processed information into the network through a triple-redundant data bus (CANBUS), providing the maximum robustness and reliability to the entire system, while at the same time representing a significant cost savings in installation, commissioning and maintenance.
I/O modules can be fitted in our cabinets, or into those supplied by third parties. Therefore the installation can be completed and pre-commissioning before installation on board, i.e. main switchboard, pump center, valve control cabinets, serial lines interface etc. At any time, additional modules, which can include new alarms and extensions to the functionality of the system, can be added to the DIAMAR system. The reduced types of I/O modules, all of them sharing common technology, have significant advantages as follows:
- Reduced number of spares on board.
- Same type of modules for all processes.
- Reduction in the need for training.
- Makes it easier for installation, commissioning and service.
- Simplifies troubleshooting. The on-board engineers can quickly replace modules without tools or additional software.